Plant Assets and Depreciation
Making It Personal
Kelly Blue Book
If you are interested in selling your car, you will want to know its value before you determine a selling price. Many factors like mileage, vehicle condition, and options contribute to the resale value of a used car. Kelly Blue Book provides a quick and easy way to assess the value of your car.
Destination Title: Kelly Blue Book
Start at the Kelly Blue Book Web site. Record your answers to these questions separately.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Advice section. Click Understanding Blue Book Values. What is the difference between the Kelly Blue Book Private Party Value and the Kelly Blue Book Suggested Retail Value?
- Return to the Kelly Blue Book home page. Click Used Car Values by Make & Model under Used Car Values.
What steps would you take to get your car ready if you planned to sell it?
- Under Get Blue Book Values, select these values in the pull-down menus. Year: 2004. Make: Honda. Model: Accord. Then click GO!
- Select Private Party Value.
- Select DX Sedan 4D for the Trim option.
- Input your zip code and mileage of 35,500. Leave all the other options as is. Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Select Excellent for the vehicle's condition and click Continue.
- What is the value for this vehicle in your area?