Plant Assets and Depreciation
Extend: Matter of Ethics
Who Will They Believe?
- In many cases, employees who know of wrongdoing in the workplace do not report it because they fear employer retaliation and the loss of their job.
- Using your favorite search engine, find out what "whistleblower" protections are provided by law. Choose one of the following topics and prepare a brief written report.
- The Whistleblower Provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Environmental Whistleblowers
- Given these protections, why do you think many employees still choose not to report wrongdoings?