Online Student Edition
Interactive Literary Elements Handbook
Interactive Writing Models
Big Question Overview and Resources
Big Question Spanish Overviews
Selection Vocabulary eFlashcards
Academic Vocabulary eFlashcards
Puzzles and Games
Selection Quick Checks (English)
Selection Quick Checks (Spanish)
Web Quest Lesson PlanIntroduction
In this unit, students explored the topic of bullies. In this lesson, they will visit a Web site that defines a bully, and why people engage in this behavior. The Web site also gives anecdotal advice from other students, and provides suggestions to put an end to bullying.
Students will go to the PBS © Web site It’s My Life: Bullies (http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/friends/bullies/index.html). They will read through the various sections of the Web site and then answer questions pertaining to what they’ve read.
Questions and Possible Answers
1. Describe one reason why people bully.
2. List three reasons why people get bullied.
3. What are the three different kinds of bullying?
4. What advice would you offer someone who is being bullied?
5. Name two things you can do to prevent being bullied.
6. What should you do if you see someone being bullied?
7. What advice would you give to a bully who wants to change his or her ways?
8. If you have been bullied, should you tell an adult?
The resource you requested requires you to enter a username and password below: