Human Geography: Landscapes of Human Activities, 11th Edition (Fellmann)
Language and Religion: Mosaics of Culture
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why are language and religion such important culture traits?
2. How have language and religion been used by minority groups to support campaigns for political autonomy?
3. What spatial characteristics might help to explain why three of the world's major religions (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity) all have origins in the same general area?
4. What dialects are present in your region of the country or on your campus? What are the origins of these linguistic differences?
5. Does militant fundamentalism have a spatial (geographical) component? Don't limit your investigation to just one religion.