Human Geography: Landscapes of Human Activities, 11th Edition (Fellmann)
Spatial Interaction and Spatial Behavior
Critical Thinking Questions
1. How is complementarity related to the global economy?
2. Can distance decay be seen in the actions of students on your campus or in your community?
3. How does the relevant friction of distance in our lives change as we age from childhood to adolescence to adulthood?
4. What movement biases can you see on your campus? Why? How could they be altered?
5. What do you think are the most important push and pull factors in the country today? Have they changed in the past 4-5 decades? How and why?
6. What kinds of natural hazards are common in your area and can you identify different ways that people react to them?