Human Geography: Landscapes of Human Activities, 11th Edition (Fellmann)
The Political Ordering of Space
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Do all nations have the right to become states?
2. What country do you think has the best combination of size, shape, and location? Are they the most powerful? If not, why?
3. Should ministates have the same voting privileges as larger states in bodies such as the United Nations?
4. In the past, there was a call to move the U.S. capital from Washington, D.C. to Denver, Colorado. How might this have changed the geography of the country?
5. What are the most powerful centrifugal and centripetal forces acting in your country today?
6. What is the connection between gerrymandering and racism?