Human Geography: Landscapes of Human Activities, 11th Edition (Fellmann)
Patterns of Development and Change
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Do developed countries have a responsibility to help underdeveloped countries? What are the pros and cons?
2. What measures of development can you think of that were not mentioned in the text? In other words, how else might we gauge a country's level of development?
3. How should the international community deal with governments that squander international aid money without helping its citizens?
4. What region of the world should your government officials be most dedicated to helping? Why?
5. How might racism or cultural biases affect international aid?